A’right:By now the press conference at recently locked-down Trinity High School is freshly over, and all we’ve learned from President Rob Mullen is:
- A vaguely worded threat was discovered on the back of a classroom desk chair yesterday afternoon warning of a shooting that would’ve taken place today during fourth period (approximately lunch time).
- Facebook, Myspace and various other social networking sites were employed to alert students and their families of the closure despite being devoid of details regarding the threat.
- The student(s) responsible will be punished just short of getting their hands cut off.
- Mullen noted that the terroristic threat could have been made years ago, perhaps even by a person who is now a graduate of the high school (It wasn’t me…).
- Mullen remains confident in the security of the high school, and, without going into the details of the schools security measures, I can speak from experiences that he’s right; after 9/11, the school (like most others) adopted a zero tolerance policy for this sort of shit.
Expect more on tonight’s local news-o-sphere…