Fairness boycott gets national coverage

The Fairness Campaign’s call to boycott Woody’s Tavern over another alleged racial incident involving the bar’s owner, David Norton, was covered in The Advocate this week. The national news magazine is the oldest continuing LGBT publication in the country.

From The Advocate:

Now, a group called the Fairness Campaign is urging Louisville residents to ditch Woody’s by handing out fliers on Tuesday that warn of Norton’s homophobia and racism. The bar has been closed since the incident, and it sounds like Norton has no plans of reopening.

1. Miss Laci
    Posted October 10, 2009 at 2:16 am | Permalink

At another website where I posted a comment before this one the over see’er said my comment was deeply offensive that I compared the Fairness Campaign to “nazism stuff” or “nazism/communism rule” and any additional reductio ad Nazium comments will be deleted.

In his comment about my comment he made my point (see #2). I hope he gets the comparison with the “Woody’s revenge case” without being hurt, because that’s not my motive or intent.

1. Now, if somebody pitched a fit, called you a name you don’t like which was foolish and inappropriate then suddenly you are able to cause their business to shut down what would you call it? I don’t think the word would be “Fairness” do you? The Woody’s revenge case (shutting down a business over name calling) is an over kill.

2. You were offended and angered because I made a “nazism/communism rule” comment about the Fairness Campaign and now if I use those words again on your website you will shut me down and put me out of business of posting comments about this case. Now, if you really want revenge (like the Woody’s revenge case) because I offended you and hurt your feelings go to the Fairness Campaign, they may be able to help you get my computer takin’ away from me.

5. Going into a bar, restaurant or anywhere else is a personal choice. If you don’t enjoy the atmosphere, the food or the reputation of the owner do NOT be a patron at that place of business. Now, if the owner is not running or operating his business decently and in order and if you give him enough rope he will hang himself by forcing his own self out-of-business. It’s that simple !!!

JESUS said… But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44… This bible verse is my prayer for this (Woody’s revenge) case… Love, Miss Laci

2. Miss Laci
    Posted October 10, 2009 at 3:31 am | Permalink

This is clearly a case of “Making a Mountain Out of a Moe Hill”

In April 2008, Professor Kaila Story overreacted at Woody’s Bar with the two dogs by jumping on top of the pool table. On September 21, 2009 there were (according to sources) four African-Americans playing pool at Woody’s and after they had problems with the table, instead of reporting this to the bartender(s), on their own they lifted the table and let it drop to the floor to dislodge the balls. As you can see with Professor Kaila Story and the four African-Americans this can throw off the leveling and/or crack the slate top of the pool table which would be very costly to repair and much more $$$ to replace. For the most part and in this day and time people do NOT respect other people’s property, especially in a bar where drinking is going on… With this in mind Woody’s Bar owner, David Norton rightfully so confronted Professor Kaila Story and the four African-Americans, but overreacted with his alleged racist and sexist comments.

ALL parties where out-of-order and overreacted… But, now the Fairness Campaign/LGBT rights organization want to stone David Norton and his business to death. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. They are demanding him to sell Woody’s or close the doors and never re-open again. You do NOT stone a man and his business to death over a few racist and/or sexist comments. This is nazism stuff. I believe the motive and intent of the Fairness Campaign/LGBT rights organization is unfair and wrong in this case. I am a purple heart vietnam veteran and I sense a smell of nazism/communism rule. With that said… I, Miss Laci do NOT give the Fairness Campaign/LGBT rights organization her seal of approval in this case and does NOT and will NOT support a boycott againce Woody’s Bar… But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44… This bible verse is my prayer for this case… Love, Miss Laci

3. Mister Black & Proud
    Posted October 10, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

“1. Now, if somebody pitched a fit, called you a name you don’t like which was foolish and inappropriate then suddenly you are able to cause their business to shut down what would you call it?” — Miss Laci

I’d call it black history. What do you think the Montgomery Bus Boycott was all about? We, black people, organized after a racist act injured our community. Nigger is not just being called a name.. You are free to use it, but be warned that some of us are bold.

“3. I, Miss Laci is a white male crossdresser and on the front lines. So, in my case how many businesses would you say I could get shut down (if I really tried) in a years time because of name calling and sexist comments about me?”

As many as you can coward. Don’t get made because you’re a coward and tolerate oppression when Dr. Story & Co. did not.

“4. What ever happen to: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. (caution: if you don’t know who you are then and only then will words hurt you).”

It died with your childhood. I know who I am. I am black. I am a gay man. I am a fighter. If you to call me a racial eptithet in my presence, it wouldn’t be sticks and stones you’d have to worry about, but fists and kicks. Just saying.

“5. Going into a bar, restaurant or anywhere else is a personal choice.”

So is a boycott. I’m shouting to the rooftops…DON”T GO TO WOODY’s. Norton has a history of bullying, racism and indecency beyond these two incidents. This is long overdue.

4. D. Tingle
    Posted October 10, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

I was there on the day in question with Dr. Kaila. The bottome line is, most of the African American people that hang, live, or patronize old Louisville and the bussinesses in it, tend to ripple the waters of a calm pond and then scream racism at the drop of a hat. BOYCOTT, nobody cares!!!! if you hadn’t come in said buisiness and riled everything up, with the pool table that is, there wouldn’t be any situation to speak of. Also, when it comes to Dave Norton being Homophobic. He’s one of the biggest queens out there. Not to mention the fact that the Fairness Campaign is absolutely blind if they don’t see homophobia in our community let alone any other community. I think that his public apology should have been enough. But NO, People just have to keep kicking the dead horse!!! I am a Native American Indian!!!! My people were put through way more than fuckin African Americans and you don’t see me screaming at the mountaintops about my injustice. Fucking grow up and get a spine!!!!! This comment is intendid to be for the person that left the comment before mine. You may be able to use words to convey your feelings but yet it still came down to a threat. Fists and Kicks. What age are you 7? You need to grow up and be an adult. If you choose to boycott then fine, there’ll probably be a lot less problems if people like you aren’t around to cause them.

5. Mister Black & Proud
    Posted October 10, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

“he bottome line is, most of the African American people that hang, live, or patronize old Louisville and the bussinesses in it, tend to ripple the waters of a calm pond and then scream racism at the drop of a hat.” — D. Tingle

Yeah those pesky Negroes and their humanity. Always wanting basic respect and decency when white folks want to get together and have a good time. You’re just upset because a racist gay man is being shut down for hating other LGBT people who happen to be black. Let’s remember that too. Dr. Story and her company were black and gay. This latest incident involved black and gay folk too. Your resistance to acknowledge their humanity over a fucking bar is pathetic. You like your precious Woody’s and Mag Bar more than other human beings? Child, please.

6. D. Tingle
    Posted October 11, 2009 at 4:28 am | Permalink

You look deep in your heart and tell me that that category doesn’t touch you as well. Every word that I have read that has been typed by your hands has had a racial undertone behind it backed by just a tad bit of hatred. Norton may not have been in the right but niether were the people offending his bar. The reason why I’m even defending this place is because there isn’t alot of places for us to go. Woody’s gave us a place to have fun and feel safe. Not everyone feels the same about some of the other bars in town. Trying to tear something down that you don’t agree with does fall under the Nazism/Communism memorandum. NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT!!! You have tried to make your point but all it has done is fall on deaf ears. I am a gay male too, but I am not into all of the hate and drama YOU seem to want to keep going!!! I will no longer respond to this and I hope and pray that you will grow up a little bit and realize that the world isn’t the perfect place you want it to be.

God Bless,