In this week’s physical manifestation of the entity known as “LEO Weekly,” we tell you about the pro-big business machinations of the multi-tentacled Kentucky Farm Bureau Federation. We forgot to tell you, however, about the dozens of businesses that give Farm Bureau policy-holders product and service discounts — essentially trading financial incentives for tacit support of corporatist, right-wing policies.
Bigotry-subsidizing discounts include:
- A $500 cash offer toward the purchase of a new eligible Ford or Lincoln Mercury vehicle.
- Fifteen percent off regular daily rates at any suburban Kentucky Enterprise rent-a-car.The Farm Bureau also features deals with Avis and Budget, the latter bestowing a generous 20 percent off normal rental rates.
- A 12 percent discount off of monthly T-Mobile cell phone service.
- Various discounts on Dell computers, with up to 12 percent off desktop and laptop PCs.
- A 25 percent discount on Sherwin-Williams paint, wallcoverings and accerories.
- Ten percent off Kentucky State Park lodges.
- And a bunch more.