An astounding establishment

During the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, a period when local governments and private sector businesses throughout the nation pulled back, this community, in an almost defiant gesture, moved forward with the single largest downtown development project in the city’s history. Completion of the KFC Yum! Center is part of the $1.2 billion in new construction in economic development linked to the University of Louisville since 2003.

That is astounding.

I am not certain any other city or university in America could have made it happen.

— University of Louisville President James Ramsey, “An Astounding Arena,” Special to the Courier-Journal, Nov. 8, 2010

k

If you haven’t read University of Louisville President Jim Ramsey’s editorial in today’s Courier-Journal, then, please, by all means go and read it if you want a good laugh re: the sickest joke in this doomed riverside city. If you’re lucky, maybe you will catch a glimpse of the raging disconnect that exists between Louisville’s economic reality and Louisville’s economic delusions, the latter espoused by elites any time somebody gives them a pen or a microphone.

In 630 words, the president of the state’s city’s flagship public university demonstrates amazing rhetorical flexibility and ignorance of current economic events, giving simultaneous rim-jobs to himself, U of L, the city’s power brokers and their patented unified theory of bullshit that keeps the Great Consuming Electorate from thinking too hard about the hidden costs of building a $238 million pleasure dome that merely creates low-paying, seasonal service sector jobs while Louisvillians a mile west of 9th Street lucky enough to be employed cannot afford market rate rents.

Judging from his editorial, Ramsey, who pulls in $456,132 per year plus bonuses, must not be very well-read. His assertion that Louisville is somehow daring and bold by using taxpayer money to build a sports facility amidst an economic recession isn’t only dead wrong, it’s par for the course in a country that no longer builds anything to benefit the masses: Constructing sports complexes with taxpayer money is the closest thing to a coherent urban infrastructure policy we have in these decrepit United States.

The Nation‘s Dave Zirin writes a lot about this, and highlights similar circumstances at UC Berkeley, where students have protested “32% tuition hikes, while the school pays football coach Jeff Tedford $2.8 million a year and is finishing more than $400 million in renovations on the football stadium.”

Sound familiar?

Or what about Miami, whose Major League Baseball team — The Florida Marlins — are debating a new publicly funded stadium, which was the subject of an episode of HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel?

Again, Zirin knocks the wind out of Ramsey’s oh no we didn’t! back-patting [bold emphasis mine]:

… Stadium construction [is] the grand substitute for anything resembling an urban policy in this country. Over the last generation, we’ve seen $30 billion in public funds spent on stadiums. They were presented as photogenic solutions to deindustrialization, declining tax bases, and suburban flight. The results are now in and they don’t look good for the home teams. University of Maryland sports economists Dennis Coates and University of Alberta Brad R. Humphreys studied stadium funding over 30 years and failed to find one solitary example of a sports franchise lifting or even stabilizing a local economy.

They concluded the opposite: “a reduction in real per capita income over the entire metropolitan area….Our conclusion, and that of nearly all academic economists studying this issue, is that professional sports generally have little, if any, positive effect on a city’s economy.” These projects achieve so little because the jobs created are low wage, service sector, seasonal employment. Instead of being solutions of urban decay, the stadiums have been tools of organized theft: sporting shock doctrines for our ailing cities.

What is truly “astounding” about this arena-worship is how deeply this community has buried its head into the sand, and what it says about our ability to honestly address the dire problems eating our neighborhoods alive. No matter that Louisville is experiencing record-high levels of child homelessness, or that another six Jefferson County Public Schools were named among Kentucky’s worst: Jim Ramsey can hear laughter on Main Street!

“…I stepped out the front door of the KFC Yum! Center and walked down the steps toward Main Street,” he writes (or dictates for a servant to write for him). “The electricity in the air was astonishing. The streets were busy, the sidewalks were bustling, and the sounds of music and laughter came from nearby restaurants. I looked upward at the beautiful nighttime Louisville skyline. Then I turned around and looked at the glow emanating from the arena.”

That this toaster oven has long been marketed to the public as a panacea for economic development — perhaps in direct response to the failure of civic and business leaders to actually create affordable housing or gainful inner-city employment opportunities — shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, especially considering that that marketing comes from arena figureheads (Ramsey) via the great enabler of Louisville’s wealthy faux-liberal establishment (The Courier-Journal editorial board), which wants you to believe every time somebody like Ramsey or David Jones or Bruce Traughber or [INSERT ELITE HERE] witnesses laughter on Main Street, an angel gets its wings.

But they’re not the only ones guilty of perpetuating false memes of economic “progress.”

Just last week, Gov. Steve Beshear and Congressman John Yarmuth, D-3, trumpeted a $100 million federal Housing and Urban Development loan to subsidize the stagnant Museum Plaza mega project and, by proxy, subsidize its wealthy private developers who’ve already sunk gobs of their own personal fortunes into it. The egregiousness of bankrolling this “Blade Runner” Lego set-from-hell with money from a federal agency whose primary goal is to provide permanent shelter for people without it is, apparently, lost on the politicians and the media in this city, who would rather salivate over the union construction jobs that will flow from Museum Plaza’s construction.

Even the city’s chamber of commerce, Greater Louisville, Inc., is in on the Big Lie, spending $8.3 million last year (including $832,659 on “program materials and meals”) while regional cities grow and expand their taxes bases, leaving Louisville in the dust at alarming speed. In fact, 42 percent of GLI’s 2009 expenditures were spent on itself, in the form of executive compensation and salaries.

Then there’s the $4.1 billion Ohio River Bridges Project, which, well … you can read our past coverage if you don’t already know how cancerous this project is for a myriad reasons.

All the while, businesses continue to pass Louisville by, and we are supposed to marvel at a basketball stadium?

According to Ramsey, the answer is a resounding “fuck yeah.”

And as I occasionally visit other cities and meet with educators from other parts of the nation, I am often asked about the arena.

The question I hear most often: “How did Louisvlle do it? How did the city navigate through the public debates, political terrain, financial challenges and recession to make it happen?”

I tell them that the answer may be difficult to understand unless you have experienced Louisville firsthand. I explain that Louisvillians understand the importance of the University of Louisville to their city and region and that without success on the athletic field, in the classroom and our research labs, Louisville would be a much different place.

Translation:

When I encounter smarter people from better educated cities, they’re like, “How do you convince your city that $90,000 luxury suite boxes are good for the average citizen?”

I tell them that unless you know how dumb Louisvillians really are, then you don’t know how easy it is to get them to believe that subsidizing the over-glorified athletics department of a university most of them will never attend is a sufficient substitute for good governance.

And so, to the thousands of people who made this dream a reality, affording the common man the opportunity to pay for an overpriced Double Down sandwich and making him think he’s actually been done a favor: Congratulations. You’ve got the new mayor you deserve.

1. Kenny Bloggins
    Posted November 8, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

HOOOO BOY! And Meador has thrown the first hatchet.

Good read, though.

2. Linda
    Posted November 8, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Excellent, right on criticism of Ramsey and stadium supporters! I was right there with you until the very last sentence. Did you think Hal Heiner–mr. let’s “develop” the city with suburban officeplexes and an aversion to living wage–had the vision we need for a thriving city? At least on paper, Fischer’s ideas weren’t that bad, and I say it’s too soon to completely rule him out. But yea, YUM stadium–not a proud moment, and a terrible example of what’s been wrong with our economic vision.

3. Rob Mattheu
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 7:09 am | Permalink

The success of the Yum center will be told in ticket sales to non U of L events. If first tier acts like Lady Gaga, Beiber and the like don’t sell tickets here like they do elsewhere, my prediction is that they will have difficulty bringing in anything they couldn’t have brought to the already bought and paid for Freedom Hall.

I also predict that in five years, the local media will be shocked, SHOCKED to uncover that the arena is costing the city more than was ever discussed openly.

Posted November 9, 2010 at 7:42 am | Permalink

“How did the city navigate through the public debates…”

What public debates?

5. Mark
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 9:42 am | Permalink

As I look at this page, I see ads for “Hell’s Kitcken” tryouts, Schafly beer and $150 NFL jerseys. I guess it is a constant struggle for Leo and other “people’s papers” – how do you keep your street cred while depending upon the “faux liberal elites” to fund your enterprise? By spending time biting the hands that feed you I guess.

6. Ashley
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Please. You have clearly thrown away all information that indicates the value that a stadium or arena, or even projects such as Museum Plaza, brings as far as public relations and tourism for a community. I am personally thrilled that Louisville is taking progressive steps forward and enhancing economic development along the way. Yes, we have a lot of problems to address, particularly in West Louisville, but these solutions are not intended to be an end-all, be-all solution to all of Louisville’s problems. If an economic revival of Downtown Louisville brings more money into the community, we will have more resources to inject into those other communities.

On a side note, as a graduate of UC Berkeley, I can tell you that the exorbitant rising costs of tuition are not at all related to costs of renovation of Memorial Stadium and are a direct effect of budget impasses in the State government. Not even counting the fact that the project is fully funded by private donations, it is a renovation that is MUCH overdue and is necessary for safety concerns, considering it is built directly on an earthquake fault. Get your facts straight before you use them to bolster your argument.

Posted November 9, 2010 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Mark, your comment is incoherent.

8. Jaws2
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 10:18 am | Permalink

I’d like to see this article published in the CJ; never would happen. Your thoughts are absolutley correct. The ‘do gooders’ are always touting the tremendous benefits we ‘pee-ons’ are going to get from these projects, but never, and I mean NEVER validate the argument. We get a plethera of smoke and mirrors to convince us this is all for our own good.

A perfect example are the recent Equestrian Games that were sold as bringing ‘millions’ to KY. Only problem, no one can prove it! Not only that, the state basically admits it can’t be done!

While a segment of the population in our fair city will benefit from this center, the vast majority will get ZERO for the return on investment. Five years from now I’ll wait to see the economic impact, but I won’t be holding my breath.

9. jmeador
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 10:20 am | Permalink

@ Ashley: I didn’t insinuate that the rising tuition costs at UC Berkeley had anything at all to do with the athletics program, but suggested that the tuition hikes were going to happen anyway (out of spite?) without any change to a bloated athletics budget, just like U of L. (Hell, for all I know UC Berkeley’s athletics department runs a deficit like 95 athletics departments across the nation)

You might be right that it was a stretch to throw in UC Berkeley. However, despite the “much-needed renovations” to the fault-line straddling arena, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water: Sports arenas do not offer a sufficient return on their investment any way you slice them. Further, Kentucky cannot hide behind the insane budgetary procedures California’s legislature is subject to, and thus the result is a deliberate lack of funding do in part to a regressive tax scale and the fact that we spend a quarter of a billion dollars on beer and circuses.

Along those lines: I don’t understand how funneling a bunch of money into the city’s largest corporations while overcharging people for shitty fried chicken while they watch a basketball game/Lady Gaga concert is anything other than trickle-down economics writ large across our urban core. And it’s not just the arena, sadly, into which we pour our misguided tax dollars, but Museum Plaza as well: $100 million in federal money to subsidize union construction jobs and wealthy developers while actual homes need to be build right now?… It should be infuriating. Then there’s corruption in our housing department that, which throws everything to hell…

I guess my point is: Why should we act like we’ve been done a favor by out-of-touch elites when we didn’t have any input in their process, funded with our own tax dollars, which produced a shrine to basketball and music concerts? We should be thankful and awestruck? Fuck that noise and anything that sounds like it.

@ Mark: We don’t just bite hands.

10. Puhn Tang
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 10:31 am | Permalink

I like Louisville, I really do, but the only people here who don’t know how far Louisville has fallen behind other peer and similar size cities are those who have never been elsewhere. Hell, the Louisville one-eyed, one armed, gay Kurdish speed chess club is a bigger outfit than the clique which has run this burg for decades. Dear Dr. Ramsey, how’s that Phi Beta Kappa thingy going?

11. Mark
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I’ve always believed that the more anger and vitriol invested in an argument, the more unsure the arguer is about his/her position. I’d love to debate more and will later… but I have to get back to making hamburgers now.

12. Ashley
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 11:10 am | Permalink

@jmeador, thank you for acknowledging that the Berkeley situation is not the same as this situation.

I get your argument. I really do. If I thought that the city could get a bigger return on investment by investing first in the communities that need them, that would be my first choice of action. But the reality is unpleasant. Let’s be honest, those corporations and the University that you are bashing are the primary sources of employment, economic development and even charitable contributions in this community. I would even bet that a majority of Louisvillians are rampant consumers of those entities that you are villainizing. I never thought that I would be in a position to defend *gasp* corporations, but it is unrealistic to expect that economic development can occur in this city without their involvement. That being said, I am no economist. I don’t know absolutely that the arena will do all that it has promised. But I am a realist, and I do think that by investing first in places that are more likely to bring economic returns, we are better able to then venture out and solve those other problems in less wealthy neighborhoods.

I do have a question for you, though. I am unfamiliar with these problems of affordable housing that you are talking about. It seems to me that Louisville has incredibly reasonable housing costs. Are we talking about the median single family home selling prices or are we talking about renting costs of any type of housing? While I find it lamentable that there are overpriced houses in the outlying suburban areas that are empty, it seems that the prices of a home in, say Germantown, are extremely affordable for a family or an individual of modest means.

13. Roger A. Baylor
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

“I would even bet that a majority of Louisvillians are rampant consumers of those entities that you are villainizing.”

Which is why it’s time to deal them out of the game.

14. don hogan
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

We had to build the new stadium, didn’t matter how much it cost.

Ricky said he wanted it.

And when Ricky speaks………

15. Truth
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Wherever Rick Pitino leaves, he leaves behind inflated and empty egos, empty wallets, and empty promises. He has yet to leave a place where he didn’t leave the majority cursing the day they accepted his lies and false promises. The man is pure and complete evil.

16. RKG
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 1:44 am | Permalink

Jonathan – Damn man, “the sickest joke in this doomed riverside city”. and “This decrepit city”.

Guessing you return home each evening and stare at your glass half empty. If you hate living here so much, by evidence of your condemnation, then I suggest you take your skinny ass, liberal mindset somewhere else. Geez. Do you really believe what you write, or just trying to get people like me to comment.

17. Curtis Morrison
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 2:22 am | Permalink

Meador. Spot fucking on.

18. Chip
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I am always amazed at the level of self-loathing many people possess. Especially liberal pinheads who work for John Yarmuth. You guys can stand in line at the soup kitchen. I think I will head down to the Yum Center, have a great meal at the new restaurants and enjoy a ballgame in the most fantastic venue in the country. I was sipping Woodford courtside last Sunday, and buying rounds at the Makers Mark bar. It was spectacular.
    I am not rich, but enjoy nice things. Life is for living. Envy is for losers. Get a freakin’ job and join the party.

19. David F.
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 11:05 am | Permalink

This article reads as if it is coming from the pen of Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck – from the other side of the aisle, of course.

20. Puhn Tang
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 11:59 am | Permalink

“Most fantastic venue in the country”, Chip? My neighbor and his wife left the Eagles’ concert early because the wife was afraid that if she stood up she would tumble down like a rock down a mountainside. Some really bad seats in that fantastic venue, but since when does Louisville care about those who can only afford the cheap seats?

21. Bill
    Posted November 11, 2010 at 2:36 am | Permalink

The laughable part of this entire Arena debacle is the fact that our neighboring and much larger cities are having problems paying for their sports facilities that have in one case 41 NBA games a year and another with 10 or 11 NFL games every year. Those cities are Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Both cities had to find ways to pay for the debt on their football stadiums and Indianapolis for Conseco Fieldhouse.

Neither city has as much money tied up in their basketball arenas as Louisville has. For example, Conseco Fieldhouse cost 183 million being finished in 1997. Louisville’s new arena cost 238 million not to mention the interest payments and principal on the facility. The only thing that will eventually keep the facility from losing money is to raid the Jefferson County/Louisville Metro taxpayer.

At the current time, Cincinnati passed a 1996 1/2 percent sales tax to fund both Paul Brown Stadium and Great American Ballpark. At this time despite having paid for the facilities for the past 10 plus years, Hamilton County Ohio is having issues paying for the facilities. This with a 65,000 seat football stadium and 45,000 seat baseball stadium that generates tens of millions of dollars per year.

Louisville is going down the same path and instead of funding education, 6 out of 10 JCPS schools are among the worst in the state, the city will be spending more than likely 15-20 million per annum on a basketball arena with 15 to 20 U of L games and the occasional concert.

Its a well known fact that sports arenas are rarely a money making venture and more than likely a money losing venture when it comes to the taxpayers and citizens paying for them. Many studies have been undertaken that show the effects of this sort of drunken spending. Not to mention the various grants and business incentives that were given to various restaurants, bars, etc in the downtown area at taxpayer expense of course. Which is the whole downtown area was a moneymaking proposition, then these businesses would have showed up there anyway. Instead they welch off the taxpayer and essential city services like police protection, fire protection, code enforcement, education, road construction is being totally neglected. During a recent travel in the city, one can see the degradation of the road system and roadways of the city. Not to mention the lack of proper roadways to siphon traffic away from higher congestion areas. No real infrastructure improvements as well. Not to mention a MSD that is over 2 billion dollars in debt. Wonder why the public hasn’t been informed of this as well.

Let’s also look at the lack of educational progress in Louisville through the JCPS. In a system where 6 of 10 of Kentucky’s worst schools happened to be in Jefferson County Public Schools District. Not to mention that JCPS finished 118th out of 154 Kentucky school district. Which is 118th out of a state with some of the worst school systems in the entire nation when it comes to basic education. Meanwhile, Kentucky is a state that ranks 47th year after year in the percentage of students continuing into higher education. Which translates to less job opportunities, less quality jobs, and poor results which also include lower incomes and lower health standards.

But in Kentucky, just as in Louisville, basketball is King. Jim Ramsey knows that and his only interest was in making sure to get that 22,000 seat arena for the patriarch of the basketball program. No matter how much the future of Louisville, KY would be damaged by the misspending of public funds and lack of foresight in improving the local economy, road infrastructure, schools, etc.

All one has to do is to follow the money and see who is going to benefit from all of this, which is going to be those who hold the interest payments at the end and all the bonds that were issued. Without any public debate, no vote, no democratic oversight of such a project. This entire process reeks of corruption and the good old boy system that holds Kentuckians back both educationally but also in a public way through the suppression of democratic methods that would allow the public to determine the good of such a project.

Great work on this article by Mr. Meador.

22. ed
    Posted November 11, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

No. Addressing your pique about “elites” first let me remind you that the rich pay the massive bulk of the taxes, while the poorest segment literally get subsidized to live in this country and pay 0 in tax revenue. Yet you begrudge the people who pay the taxes to have large influence on how that money is spent??? Stupid.

The idea that public stadiums are some sort of “elite” pet project is ludicrous. Those projects are overwhelmingly supported by the poor and uneducated and pass the ballot in communities largely based on its popularity with the masses. You need to grow up and stop being naive. Things like funding of public stadiums are the ONE thing that’s halfway legit in this country. The funds are raised locally, decided locally and spent locally. If you had a clue and realized how our country spends your tax dollars behind closed doors you would barf. For example, every year (and every year for the past 40 years) we have given money to Israel that could build FIVE Yum centers a year. It’s laughable that a community resource like a stadium or civic center brings your outrage when we spend hundreds of billions yearly behind closed doors to all manner of crap that end up in a puff of smoke or in some bigot’s pockers overseas.

As for the tuition increase lmao dude. Again get a clue. Yes tuitions are on the rise, but hikes are largely due the financial sector collapse that Joe Average like you and your friends exploited to get cheap home loans. And despite all, every tom dick and harry that attends Devry gets $15,000 a year in federal loans they the majority of them statistically will never pay back.

So quit crying. The rich who work hard in this country are the only things keeping you afloat. Try crying less about the people who are figuratively CARRYING your low income ass and keeping the Chinese at bay from owning your daughters.

23. jmeador
    Posted November 11, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

@Ed: Dude, seriously?

“…the rich pay the massive bulk of the taxes, while the poorest segment literally get subsidized to live in this country and pay 0 in tax revenue.”

What kind of bizarro fantasy land do you live in? Kentucky is a land of regressive taxation, whereby the top 1 percent pay far less than the bottom 40 percent as a share of their income. Furthermore, since you probably are a well-off defender of the establishment (or, at the very least, a middle class hanger-on with pretensions of being well-to-do), you probably don’t realize the myriad costs associated with being poor, none of which are subsidized by a country that routinely rewards the rich for being so and punishes the poor every day that ends in “y.” Try living in America without a bank account, a car and property and see where that gets you, you clown.

Not surprisingly, Ed, you completely miss the point about how an arena won’t help the vast majority of people in this city, because we both know that it won’t. How, exactly, is a Justin Bieber concert going to lift the local economy out of its doldrums? (It won’t) How is giving Rick Pitino a new forum for failure going to put food on the table of a family of four in the West/South End? (It won’t, but you don’t know/care).

We can’t come together to build, say, modern public transportation systems, or successfully attract new businesses or subsidize the ones we already have (that aren’t from Baltimore) but we can hoodwink the poor into thinking a new basketball arena will be just the ticket!

It’s funny: I’ve given several other examples aside from the Yum! Center that “you people” ignore/fail to refute, so I take it you’re just upset because I’ve attacked one of this city’s sacred cows.

Your Reagan Era wealth-worship, which is normally laughable, will get you nowhere here, so save your pathetic “the rich are the only thing carrying you afloat” rhetoric for (1) your brain-damaged affluent masturbating ilk and/or (2) somebody who doesn’t know any better. If you ever bothered reading a book that wasn’t assigned to you by your high school social studies teacher, you might’ve actually learned that the history of this nation (as in all nations) is the systematic exploitation of the many for the benefit of the few, and that the struggles resulting form that clash of classes yields the only gains the middle class will ever get… that and whatever the rich want to give us, of course! (And I’m the one that needs to grow up)

Also: “The funds are raised locally, decided locally and spent locally.” Frankfort and the Arena Authority decided on this nonsense with virtually no public input whatsoever, so excuse me if I expressed well-reasoned outrage over your tangential, Israel-centric blatherings.

But I guess the rich need to justify their wanton, socially acceptable theft if only to make themselves feel like they aren’t the misguided parasites fucking our country again and again, whether it’s 1929 or 2008. In America, a criminal AIG executive screws hundreds of thousands of regular people out of $500 million so he can buy a new Porsche and get off, but a poor man gets 15 years for trying an failing to stick up a convenient store?

As much as I’d love to live in your comfy womfy trickle-down universe, count me out, man.

24. More Sperm Volume
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

A semen volume analysis examines some characteristics of a male’s low semen volume and the sperm amount that is contained in the semen. It may be done while investigating a couple’s infertility problem or maybe after a vasectomy to check that the procedure was successful. It is also used for testing some donors for semen fluid donation. Nowadays it’s possible to boost semen with really safe and natural ways like taking herbal pills from the various Internet stores.

25. chiang mai
    Posted January 25, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

keep up the good work on the site. I appreciate it. Could maybe use some more updates more often, but i’m quite sure you got more or better things to do , hehe. ;)

26. koh samu
    Posted January 25, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

keep up the nice work on the site. I appreciate it. Could use some more frequent updates, but i am sure that you have got other things things to do like we all do. ;)

27. jade travel
    Posted January 26, 2011 at 3:11 am | Permalink

really like the post that you have written . it really isn’t that easy to find even remotely good stuff toactually read (you know READ! and not just browsing through it like some uniterested and flesh eating zombie before moving on), so cheers man for really not wasting my time! :)

28. resor thailand
    Posted January 26, 2011 at 5:08 am | Permalink

i have visited this blog a few times now and i have to say that i find it quite nice actually. it’ll be nice to read more in the future! :p

29. thailand
    Posted January 26, 2011 at 10:43 am | Permalink

actually like what that you have written actually. it just is not that easy to find even remotely good stuff toactually read (you know READ and not simply going through it like a zombie before moving on), so cheers man for really not wasting my time on the god forsaken internet. :D

30. budapest
    Posted January 26, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

keep up the good work on the blog. I like it. Could maybe use some more updates more often, but i’m quite sure that you got other things things to do like we all have to do unfortunately. ;)

31. tt
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

I bet everyone is DYING to have you at their dinner party.

You sound miserable.

32. Alvin
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 5:44 am | Permalink

I get pleasure from, result in I found exactly what I used to be having a
    look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
    Bye

6 Trackbacks

1. [...] while an NBA team might add some pizazz to Derby City, sports aren’t the revenue boosters they’re made out to [...]

2. [...] Y&#959&#965 need t&#959 read this rant &#1072b&#959&#965t Jim Ramsey’s arena rimjob. it &#1110&#1109 severe. Bend over &#1072nd grab your ankles. [FatLip] [...]

3. [...] types, self-congratulatory politicos and erstwhile beneficiaries of Bush tax cut extensions. These fleecers of the entity once known as “Louisville’s Economy” have been been compiled into [...]

4. [...] LEO Weekly joined in, with a blog post. These fleecers of the entity once known as “Louisville’s Economy” have been been compiled into one [...]

5. By Kentucky Fascist Chicken? – FatLip on February 8, 2011 at 1:12 pm

[...] of multinational chicken-frying corporations to groups like PETA so the rest of us can ignore the ribbon-necked autocrats in our own [...]

6. [...] entity who partnered with Wall Street darlings Goldman Sachs to bring the $238 million KFC Yum! Center to life — owes over $55,000 in delinquent property taxes for 2010, according to the Jefferson [...]