Local blogger files lawsuit against blog

Jacob Payne, the blogger behind The Ville Voice and Page One Kentucky websites, has filed a lawsuit in Jefferson Circuit Court against the “anonymous blogger(s)” responsible for a website, dubbed “Watching Jake,” that is critical of Payne, which in turn prompted a bonafide Courier-Journal article on the matter, jettisoning the story into the real world.

The lawsuit seeks a court order to reveal the anonymous blogger’s identity (which sounds pretty familiar…), and alleges that Watching Jake’s “sole purpose … is to defame, malign, and tarnish” Payne’s reputation (which sounds pretty ironic…).

Payne could not be reached for comment, but his lawyer, Dan Canon, tells LEO Weekly that “if somebody thinks that Jacob Payne is putting out erroneous information about people, then those people can contact Jacob Payne.”

To hell with the pill-mill pipe line and shameful budget “compromises”: Posted below is the five-page suit in crappy-albeit-full-color photo gallery form, after the jump.

(Click to enlarge)

Posted April 15, 2011 at 11:50 am | Permalink

I hate to be a snot, but don’t you guys have the technology of scanning these pages into a PDF?

2. Curtis Morrison
    Posted April 15, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

The first person to create a bracket graphic on who it could be, #wins. I’ve got $20 that says it’s Felner. (JK- I totally don’t have $20!)

3. M Curren
    Posted April 15, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

Payne has only covered people running for public office or in public life, because … it’s a political blog.

If the person(s) doing the smear site against him is a politician and / or a public person and is doing this in retaliation, then they are in big trouble.

Both Democrats and Republicans are angry with him … says to me that Payne is doing a great job, as reporters are supposed to do.

4. jmeador
    Posted April 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

@Steve: LEO is fundamentally print media, which means we barely have the technology to keep our central air at the correct temperature.

5. Former Date
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

While the contents of Jake’s blog might be legitimate, it wouldn’t suprise me if some of his resume or credentials were fabricated. I dated this guy briefly and ended it after debunking some MAJOR lies and many other questionable facets of his personal history. At the time, I questioned his educational achievements, his claim that he worked as a volunteer for Sen. Kennedy’s re-election campaign, and other much more personal assertions / history. I’ll probably never know how much of it, if any, was out right lies, but I had to trust my gut, which was saying there’s something not right here.

6. M Curren
    Posted April 19, 2011 at 8:08 am | Permalink

So, I keep trying to post this at the Jake Payne Watch site, and it has been deleted several times:

“They are not private citizens … if they have run for office, are preparing to run for office, stay involved in politics without actually running for office … that makes them public people.

It is wrong for elected and public persons to retaliate against a person in such a manner … to “reveal” personal information not relevant as this site has done.

Clearly, this page is malicious. The fact that the cowardly-owner of this has stopped posting is a strong admission that it is slanderous.

PS I make copies of all postings here, just in case Mr./Ms. Coward deletes them.

Reveal yourself, tell us who you are. “

7. Heza Himroyd
    Posted April 20, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Lawyer: So, Jake, who are we suing? Jake: Ummm, I don’t know but they are mean and say un-true things about me. Lawyer: What about them saying that you don’t have degrees you have claimed? Jake: Damn lies! Lawyer: Give me copies of your degrees and we’ll blow them out of the water. Jake: Ummm…….

8. Ron
    Posted April 20, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

I don’t give a damn what Jake put on his resume. What does it matter; He’s not applying for a Harvard Presidency. He’s just irritating people and pissing some of them off. Kinda sounds like the first amendment to me.

What he has done, and why I’m a very loyal reader, is expose and comment on why KENTUCKY IS THE WORST RUN STATE out of 50. I know we suck at the usual stuff, I know Mississippi keeps our chin up, but until something is done about this “Award”, then I say: Jake, Please, please keep on keeping on.

PS: If he’s so bad, how come most other media people, including the C-J idiots, keep following him and “breaking” their news second hand. In fact, here is my first amendment comment: Dan Kepal can go to hell for his “hit” pieces.

God bless America, all 49 good pieces of it.

9. Heza Himroyd
    Posted April 21, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

Dear Ron: As soon as David Williams’ next check to Page One clears the bank you can rest assured that you will receive your Dr. Payne’s Magic Mink Knee Pads. You’ve earned them, little feller.

10. shadowgun deadzone cheats
    Posted November 29, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

This is why Facebook games are becoming more popular.

At present, you have the opportunity not only to communicate but also to have
    fun in social networks. This whole experience has made the
    social media giant to be mindful of downtime issues of its valued social app developers.

11. flappy bird being taken down
    Posted February 12, 2014 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

This kind of game gives a real experience of building a farm and planting trees.
    The Alex Cross series began in 1992 with the publication of Along Came a Spider.
    The player had his picture, albeit with a strange grimace and geeky affects.

12. minion rush unicorn song
    Posted February 20, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Article Source: a viral game app is not that much difficult.
    Duplicating things that have already been proven to work is a
    great strategy when you are trying to grow your business and build
    a team. This whole experience has made the social media giant to be mindful of downtime issues of
    its valued social app developers.