Cane Run Road resident and citizen environmental regulator Greg Walker snapped the following pic Saturday morning of LG&E’s sludge processing plant at their coal ash landfill:
Wait a second…. is that a… hazmat suit?
How many times has LG&E said that the arsenic, beryllium, boron, cadmium, chromium, chromium VI, cobalt, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, selenium, strontium, thallium and vanadium, along with dioxins and PAH compounds in coal ash that blows over onto people’s houses is perfectly safe?
Perhaps LG&E will provide complimentary hazmat suits to the elderly and children who live across the street from them and breathe in that stuff. That’s what good neighbors do.