Today in Frankfort, the Tea Party in Kentucky will officially forgive Sen. Mitch McConnell for bailing out the banks, running up the deficit and raising the debt ceiling, as the Republican Senate Leader speaks at his very first Tea Party rally. We think the new hat and radical ideology looks rather dashing on him.
The subject of the day at the rally is the dreaded Obamacare, with all of its death panels and abortions and Soviet-style government tyranny.
It should be as fun as a barrel of Akins, so follow along with us live here on the LEO Twitter Machine.
What will we see today? Here are our guesses for the over/unders, which may be wildly off depending on how many speakers there are other than McConnell and Sen. Rand Paul:
- # of times “Obama” is said: 117
- # of times Mitch McConnell is heckled by Tea Partier: 0 (too busy with Obama rage)
- # of times Rand Paul mentions armed government bureaucrats: 1
- # of speakers who say we’ll all pay for abortions: A majority
- # of lies Mitch McConnell tells about Obamacare: 5
- # of times someone mentions that Obamacare is identical to Romneycare: 0
- # of times Papa John’s or pizza prices are mentioned: 8
- # of times rogue army of Obama IRS agents is mentioned: 11
- # of times speaker says Medicaid expansion won’t save KY money: 9
- # of crowd members dressed as former presidents: 2
- # of crowd in colonial gear or tri-cornered hat: 4
- # of times Mitch McConnell says America has the best health care system in the world: 1
Sounds fun. Tune in.