Ken Ham compromises on Biblical truth of saddled dinosaurs

Last night, Gov. Steve Beshear’s favorite evangelical grifter Ken Ham held a “Google+ live chat” in which he pitched his new digital book on “missionary lizards” to the homeschool parents he makes a good living off of.

He answered questions from viewers, so I thought it was a good idea to ask one that I’ve always wondered about. Fortunately, he answered it, which you can see in the video below:

Here’s the transcript of the question and first part of his answer, as an uncomfortable Ham first complains that he’s over his time on the chat, then completely disavows what he’s taught for many years: that mankind used to ride on the back of saddled dinosaurs.

Q: The last question we have here tonight Ken, they ask: “How did men get the dinosaurs to not buck them off of their saddles when people rode then? Were the dinosaurs more domesticated and well behaved because there wasn’t as much sin back them? I’ve always wondered.”

Ham: (pause) Well, I need to get paid overtime for this question… I seems we’re a bit over our time.

I don’t know where people get the idea that people rode dinosaurs. I mean, there’s no evidence in the Bible that that is so. When Job was looking at Behemoth, the description there… there’s nothing to do with people riding dinosaurs. We don’t know how people interacted with dinosaurs.

Wait a second… you don’t know where people got that idea, Ken?

Maybe from the products you author and market to children, like Dinosaurs of Eden.

From that book, here’s an old-timey caravan through the desert, with a woman and child riding on a fancy saddled Gallimimus:

Or this mighty snow lizard trekking through the Arctic with his Eskimo companion:

Or most infamously, this saddled Triceratops in the Creation Museum that kids and Godless heathen journalists like to hop on for a photo op:

Yet when faced with the opportunity to defend the crazy ideas that have helped him become a very wealthy man, he pretends that he’s never suggested such a thing.

Where did people get the idea that people rode dinosaurs? They learned it by watching you!

1. Bill Thwaites
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Why would ken Hamm claim that he doesn’t know anything about people riding dinosaurs? It’s very simple. When you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you lie and claim innocence. It usually works, especially if you are stealing a cookie for the Lord. Motivation is everything.

2. Rawlf
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Wow, I have seen and heard many people who were full of shit, but this guy KNOWS he’s full of it. He knows it to the point he’s starts defending the shit and tries to says it smells like roses. This guy’s is not religious, he’s making a buck off religion.

Doesn’t make him a good person. He’s just not a fool; he’s an asshole.

3. David
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

He was a Science Teacher here in Australia. We don’t want him back because when he departed these shores he increased our level of education and had the opposite effect in the USA.

4. Chiefley
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

Ken Ham, lying for Jesus, as usual.

5. Edna Fuckbucket
    Posted February 1, 2013 at 7:05 am | Permalink

I learned that Ken Ham is an even bigger cunt than I thought he was.

6. Bjorn
    Posted February 1, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

What did the meat eating dinosaurs eat in the garden of eden? I thought there was no death before the fall.

7. Potter Dee
    Posted February 1, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I do believe he stole those pictures from the book Dinotopia.

I will have to find my copy.

8. hemorrhoid no more
    Posted April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my website so i came
    to return the want?.I’m attempting to find things to enhance my website!I guess its ok to use some of your ideas!!

9. Arjun Kanuri
    Posted May 2, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

It’s not my first time to visit this web page, i am browsing this web page dailly and obtain fastidious information from here everyday.

10. sexy latin dance
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:12 am | Permalink

After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are
    added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment.

Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove me from that service?
    Thanks a lot!

11. The Magic of Making Up Reviews
    Posted October 17, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Chrome.

I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought
    I’d post to let you know. The design and style look great though!

Hope you get the issue solved soon. Many thanks

3 Trackbacks

1. By Ken Ham’s Saddled Dinosaurs on February 1, 2013 at 3:51 pm

[...] Comment Ken Ham is apparently willing to compromise about more than geocentrism and the firmament. Now he is backtracking on the claim – promoted in books his organization produces – that…. I still think that Ken Ham is genuinely out to make Christians look as foolish and dishonest as [...]

2. [...] it funny, Ham has also claimed that Adam harnessed dinosaurs with his very own book about them but then says “I don’t know where people get the idea that people rode dinosaurs. I mean, there’s no [...]

3. [...] another post has a listen to Ken Hamm, the creationist museum founder, who insists that dinosaurs roamed with man because their are [...]